Happy First Day of Classes!
We are starting the fall semester early this year, and everything is already in full swing. Whether you’re teaching remotely, mask-to-mask on campus, or using a combination of the two in a Hy-Flex mode, we hope you are safe and healthy. Remember to check Keep Teaching for COVID-19 faculty resources.
Last week we held a 75-minute crash course on Teaching with Sakai Tools to Help Students Learn . The recording of that crash course is now available for you to view on your own time!
Are you a new instructor and need to create your course site? Do you want to administer online tests to assess student learning or collect student papers? Are you interested in streamlining the student learning experience by combining all of your course content in one place? If you said yes to any of these questions, we recommend watching the recording, which we’ve broken down by topic below!
Sakai Crash Course Recording
Please note you must sign in with your UNC Onyen to view the recording :The following topics are discussed at these specific times, in case you want to skip ahead in the video:
- Get Sakai help: 0:44
- Get oriented in Sakai: 1:30
- Create and manage course site: 2:59
- Communicate with students: 11:23
- Upload syllabus and course materials: 14:32
- Collect student papers in Assignments: 17:35
- Administer online Tests & Quizzes: 27:18
- Combine all course content and activities in Lessons: 51:32
- Get a Gradebook overview: 1:04:48
- Create asynchronous discussion Forums: 1:08:46
Here is the workshop summary with links to help guides on what was discussed.
Get Sakai Help
Have Sakai questions? Here are ways to get help:
- Sakai help guides
- “Help” tool in Sakai
- Submit a request at help.unc.edu or call 919-962-HELP
- Sign up for a Personal Consultation
Please stay safe, and have a great semester!