Welcome back to a new semester!
Instructors, do you need any help getting started with Sakai for your Fall courses and you’re just not sure where to start? We recommend registering for our upcoming workshops in the House Undergraduate Library next week!
Intro to Teaching in Sakai [Register]
Tuesday, August 23
10am – 11am
Thinking of teaching in Sakai for the first time or need a refresher? Join us at the Intro to Teaching in Sakai crash course! This workshop is intended to help you with:
- Becoming familiar with Sakai
- Creating your course site
- Managing your course site
- Uploading and organizing course material in Resources
- Communicating with your students via Announcements and Messages
- Getting an overview of the Gradebook
- Addressing any other questions you may have
NOTE: Your departmental course scheduler must list you in ConnectCarolina as one of the following in order to create your course site:
- Primary Instructor
- Secondary Instructor
- Proxy Instructor
- Dean’s Designate
Drop in for Sakai Help [Register]
Wednesday, August 24
2pm – 3:30pm
Have any last-minute Sakai questions for the start of term? Need help setting up your course site? Drop in any time at your convenience between 2pm and 3:30pm to get quick help from the Sakai experts!
If you want to go ahead and create your course site on your own, see details here.
Good luck with the start of classes!